Asheville, NC is among the fastest-growing cities in the nation, so it should come as no surprise that the city has also become one of the region’s hottest tourist spots. Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville offers miraculous natural beauty, coupled with a thriving arts scene and fantastic restaurants, alongside countless other attractions.
Chief among those attractions is Asheville’s magnificent Biltmore Estate, arguably the very finest example of the city’s stunning architecture. A sprawling chateau, the Estate is 175,000 square feet, and stands on 8,000 acres. In 1964, it was designated a National Historic Landmark; in 2007, it was ranked eighth on the “List of America’s Favorite Architecture” by the American Institute of Architects; and today, it draws in a wide range of visitors both familiar with Asheville’s myriad charms and those new to the area.
One of the factors that makes Biltmore Estate enticing is its convenience. It is so centrally located, and offers so much on its own; it is the ideal setting for a weekend getaway. But for those overwhelmed by the prospect of planning such an excursion — be it family vacation planning or a romantic getaway — the immediate concern is obvious: where to begin? Well, perhaps it is best to start with the essentials and then explore your options based on your tastes.
Planning your Stay
Located only 1/4 mile from the Estate entrance, The Residences at Biltmore hotel is an ideal lodging option. Top reasons to stay include:
- Discounted tickets - Receive the same price for a two-day ticket when purchasing at our hotel as the one-day ticket price purchased at the Estate
- Complimentary high-speed Internet
- 24-Hour Concierge services included in every stay
- On-site fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, and fire pit
- Studios and suites available - perfect for the entire family
Hours of Operation
March 20 - November 6, 2014
Biltmore House Open
Open daily 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Reception & Ticketing Sales Center
Open daily 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Open daily 9:00 a.m. – Dusk
Open daily 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Your daytime admission includes:
- A self-guided visit of Biltmore House
- Access to our historic gardens and Antler Hill Village
- Admission to our exhibition, The Vanderbilts at Home and Abroad
- Free wine tasting and guided Winery tour